Type of job
About the job
We are looking for a Legal Counsel to join GSBN. You will be responsible for overseeing all Legal, Compliance and Regulatory matters to enable the success of a global Blockchain Platform.
The Legal Counsel role is a key member of the initial team, reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer (COO).
· Provide legal advice on a broad range of operational and business subjects spanning from regulatory, data, privacy, competition, intellectual property and technology issues.
· Advise, draft, and negotiate a wide range of contracts with third parties such as consortium members, vendors and other consortia.
· Review products, partnerships, features, and initiatives to provide practical business-driven legal advice while managing legal risk.
· Support continuous improvement of standard agreements and legal processes.
· Instruct and manage external advisors and counsels within the budget allocated to Legal.
• Entrepreneurial mindset with a strong sense of responsibility and high level of integrity
• Bachelor’s Degree in Law and qualified to practice law in Hong Kong or other major jurisdiction (Commonwealth, US etc).
• 3 to 6 years PQE gained at a leading law firm.
• Competition, privacy law and regulatory experience is advantageous
• Strong legal knowledge, contract negotiations, writing, and drafting skills.
• Experience in fast-paced, entrepreneurial, start-up/technology environments with the ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously whilst working to tight deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills with fluency in English and Mandarin is essential.
• Great interpersonal, influencing, problem solving and stakeholder management skills.
• Self-motivated, highly driven, team player, and a self-starter.